Terms and Conditions
Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Promotion at www.samsung.com/uk/offer/5g-buds-deal/ or www.samsung.com/ie/offer/5g-buds-deal/ form part of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (the “Promoter”).
The Promotion will commence at 00:01 (GMT) on the 4th December 2019 and shall close at 23:59 (GMT) on the 25th December 2019, subject to the following exceptions:
- Promotion Products from Carphone Warehouse must be purchased between 00:01 (GMT) on the 3 December 2019 and 23:59 (GMT) on the 25 December 2019.
Promotion Products from Vodafone Ireland must be purchased between 00:01 (GMT) on the 3 December 2019 and 25:59 (GMT) on the 25 December 2019.
(the “Promotion Period”)
- To be eligible to participate in the Promotion you must be a resident (aged 18+) or a registered company of either the United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Republic of Ireland (“Participant”).
- Employees or agents of the Promoter that are involved in the operation of this Promotion or anyone professionally connected to this Promotion are not eligible to enter.
- Network providers, retailers, distributors, resellers and any person who purchases a Promotion Product (defined below) for resale or otherwise not as the user of the Promotion Product, may not participate in this Promotion and is specifically excluded as a Participant.
Participants who purchase a new (i.e. not second hand, ex-display or refurbished) qualifying Samsung Galaxy handset as shown below at Table 2 (a “Promotion Product”) from a Participating Retailer shown in Table 1 below (“Participating Retailer”) in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland within the Promotion Period will be eligible to claim a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds in Silver by redemption (the “Reward”) as shown in Table 2 below, subject to full compliance with these Promotion Terms and Conditions.
Table 1 - Participating Retailers
Territory Participating Retailers United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Channel Islands Affordable Mobiles, Amazon.co.uk (sold & dispatched by Amazon only), AO Mobile, AO.com, Argos, BT, BT Shop, Buymobiles.net, Carphone Warehouse, Carphone Warehouse Business, Currys PC World, e2save.co.uk, EE, Giff Gaff, Go Mobile, Harrods, ID Mobile, John Lewis, Littlewoods, Mainline, MDEE, Mobile Phones Direct, Mobiles.co.uk, O2, O2 Business, Phones.co.uk, Phonespot, Samsung Experience Store, Samsung Shop Online, Selfridges, Sky, The Smartphone Company, Three, Very, Vodafone Republic of Ireland Argos, Arnott’s (Expert), Alpha Communications, C&C Cellular, Carphone Warehouse, Carphone Warehouse Business, Connections Limited (uparty), Currys PC World, Carcom.ie, DID Electrical, Dixons Travel, Egans Mobile Phone Store LTD, Eir, Euronics, Expert, Exertis Ireland, Harvey Norman, Irish Mobile, Irwins Ltd, Kelco Communications, Kerry Phone Group, King Communications, PG Communications, Phones Made Easy, Power City, Samsung Shop Online, Sky, Soundstore Ireland, South West Communications, Synchro, Talk to Me, The Smartphone Company, ThePhoneStores.ie, Uparty, Vodafone Ireland
Table 2 - Promotion Products and Corresponding Reward
Promotion Product SKU Corresponding Reward Samsung Galaxy S10 5G 256GB SM-G977B Samsung Galaxy Buds Silver
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 256GB SM-N976B Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB SM-N976B Samsung Galaxy A90 5G 128GB SM-A908B
Purchases from auction websites (e.g. eBay) or from third party sellers on online retailers’ websites (e.g. Amazon Marketplace) are specifically excluded from this Promotion.
- Rewards are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a Reward of equal or greater value for the Reward. Colour of Rewards are subject to availability. The Promoter may substitute a Reward with a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds in another colour (Black, Yellow or White).
- To claim, Participants must purchase a Promotion Product during the Promotion Period then visit samsungpromotions.claims/futureready and provide all requested information including the purchased Promotion Product IMEI number and proof of purchase. If requested, Participants must also upload a photograph of their IMEI number (a “Claim”).
- Claims must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the date of purchase of the Promotion Product (the “Claim Period”), meaning that the final date to submit a Claim against a Promotion Product purchased on the 25th December 2019 is by 23:59 (GMT) on the 23rd January 2020, and the final date to submit a Claim against a Promotion Product purchased from Tesco Mobile on the 29 December 2019 is by 23:59 (GMT) on the 27th January 2020.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the date of purchase as shown on the relevant proof of purchase shall be considered day one (1). Claims received outside the Claim Period will be marked as invalid and will not be accepted.
- Participants may submit a maximum of one (1) Claim per Promotion Product purchased, a maximum of two (2) Claims per household and a maximum of two-hundred and fifty (250) Claims per Company Participant.
- Participants will be sent an email to confirm their Claim has been received by the Promoter instantly upon submission of a Claim. Please note that Claims received may take up to seven (7) days from the date of receipt of a Claim and Participants will be sent an email to confirm whether their Claim has been successful and validated (“Claim Validation”).
- If an email acknowledgement has not been received, it is the Participant’s responsibility to contact the Promoter’s customer service team by email at email@example.com or by phone (UK) 03452160134, (Ireland) 016533908 within seven (7) days of a Claim being submitted.
- If a Claim is deemed to have been submitted incorrectly, the Participant will be notified via email and SMS and offered the opportunity to provide the required information within seven (7) days. If no response is received within seven (7) days of the email and SMS, then the Claim shall be marked as invalid and the Participant will no longer be eligible to receive the Reward.
- Claims that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of Claims.
- The Reward will be dispatched within forty-five (45) days of the Claim being validated to the postal address provided in the Claim. The Promoter shall not be responsible to delays in shipping following dispatch that are out of the reasonable control of the Promoter. For Participants in the Republic of Ireland, it may take up to sixty (60) days to receive the Reward following Claim Validation.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Claims which it considers do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid Claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to proof of purchase, as well as the identity, age and other relevant details of a Participant.
- If a Participant returns a Promotion Product before submitting a Claim, the Participant must not make a Claim. If a Participant returns a Promotion Product after submitting a Claim, the Claim will be invalid and the Participant must cancel the Claim immediately by calling (UK) 0345 216 0068, (Ireland) 01 695 0642. The Promoter reserves the right to check with Participating Retailers whether a Promotion Product has been returned and by submitting a Claim the Participant provides consent to the Promoter to do so.
Privacy and Data Protection
- Other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions, the details and information provided by the Participant when entering the Promotion or claiming the Reward will not be used for any other purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to the Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion.
- The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or Claims; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Participants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other relevant costs or expenses which are not stated in the Terms and Conditions as being included.
- By participating in this Promotion, you agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, to release and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Reward. The above limitation of liability shall not apply to liability arising from fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation), death or personal injury caused as a result of Promoter’s negligence.
- The Promotion is governed by the law of England and Wales.